Scrummymummys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all mummys and mummys to be!!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chat roomChat room  

me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne
Admin
Admin
Anne

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Interests : HARRY POTTER LOL
Registration date : 2007-05-29

me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol? Empty
PostSubject: me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?   me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol? Empty28th November 2007, 8:39 pm

ok i wont go into details cos it will take forever to explain but when jack get high temp he has vacant episodes so was referred to the hospital forr an eeg to test for epilesy but it came back normal. since then he continued to do this when he had high temp so he now been referred for a sleep deprivation eeg which he is having on the 10th dec...

however, when he was ill last week and had a high temp i didnt have any calpol so i gave him neurofen and he didnt have an episode.... this has made me think he is allergic to calpol rather than has anything epilesy related... ive called the gp and they are busy atm so they are gonna ring me after hours.

i would love your opinion .. im hoping that the gp will do an allergy test for me and im right.. better he is allergic to that than have epilspy ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.magicfairywings.com
Kaye
Admin
Admin
Kaye

Female
Number of posts : 1002
Interests : Partying, internet and being with my friends!!
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?   me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol? Empty28th November 2007, 9:25 pm

The only thing with that is that all calpol is is paracetamol whereas nurofen is brufen so in effect if Jack had an intollerence to calpol then obviously the intollerance would be paracetamol if u get me??

How is he with things like medised? That also has paracetamol in it...

Sorry for jumping in Bex xxx
Back to top Go down
https://scrummymummys.forumotion.com
Anne
Admin
Admin
Anne

Female

PostSubject: Re: me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?   me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol? Empty28th November 2007, 9:31 pm

yes that was exactly my point.... not sure about medised. only gave it to him once or twice before bed so never saw a reaction. cant actually open the bottle so he always had calpol until the last time he was ill
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Admin
Anne

Female

PostSubject: Re: me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?   me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol? Empty28th November 2007, 10:13 pm

oh man... spoke to the doc and he said highly unlikely cos he doesnt go blotchy and red when it happens... back to the epilsey theory for now then....
Back to top Go down
bex
bex

Female
Number of posts : 49
Interests : football, speedway, music, reading, and spending time with louise, steven and brandon in coventry
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?   me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol? Empty29th November 2007, 12:28 am

hi ya,

i have a feeling jack may be ellergic to paracetamel (sp), if i was u i would th ingredients o both medications n thn if ther any the same rule tose out but any tht are differnet, the ones in the calpol ask ur gp if u could have test done n jack regarding elergic reactions to these things,

i hope this helps,
take care
bex x x x
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Admin
Anne

Female

PostSubject: Re: me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?   me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol? Empty29th November 2007, 11:37 am

thanks..... i really thought the same as yuoo but doc is refusing to believe that he is allergic cos he was fine in every other sense apart from spacing out. i will have a look at the ingredients though and if his next eeg comes back clear ill demand an allergy test or go private and do it. thanks for your input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?   me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol? Empty

Back to top Go down

me again.. epilepsy (sp) or allergic to calpol?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scrummymummys :: Your kids! :: Ask the Practitioner!!!-
Jump to: